1. On a 4-point scale the applicant must have a GPA of 3.0 for their undergraduate or masters degree.
Please view the PhD Program Profile for information on recent applicants and admitted students.
2. It is preferred that applicants have prior coursework in economics, including intermediate microeconomics and macroeconomics.
3. Applicants should have three semesters of calculus and a course in linear algebra. A course in real analysis is recommended.
4. Applicants must submit GRE aptitude test results. GRE code for KU = 6871
5. Applicants are required to submit a written statement of career plans, and current CV, and have three letters of recommendation sent on their behalf.
6. International applicants and domestic non-native English speaking applicants must demonstrate proof of English proficiency before gaining admissions to a graduate program.
The following links will provide more detailed information regarding this requirement:
Graduate Studies English Proficiency
Applied English Center English Proficiency
Official Graduate Studies published policy
Graduate Teaching Assistant KBOR published policy
TOFEL code for KU = 6871