MA and MA/JD application deadlines:
- Fall and Summer admission is May 1st
- Spring admission is November 1st
PhD application deadlines
- Fall admissions (Department financial assistance consideration) is February 1st.
- Fall admissions is May 1st
- Due to the structure of the first two years of the PhD program Spring admissions is not recommended.
- Starting with Fall 2018 admissions
- Fall admissions (Department financial assistance consideration) will be moved to January 1st
- Fall admissions will be moved to April 1st
- Current resume or CV
- Copies of official transcripts from each university or college you have attended.
- Official transcripts are not required until after you have been admitted into the MA or PhD program.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Contract information for your letter writers will be submitted in your application and they will receive a request to submit a letter on your behalf electronically.
- Personal statement
- Please let us know a little bit about you, why you like economics and what career plans you may have.
- GRE Test Scores (Ph.D. applicants only)
- ETS GRE code for KU Economics = 6871
- TOEFL or IELTS scores (International applicants only)
- Financial Resource Statement/Affidavit of Support (for international Ph.D. applicants only):
International applicants will need to provide proof of financial resources in order to be formally admitted to the university and be issued immigration paperwork. International students who wish to be considered for financial assistance please read the Department of Economics' requirements for eligibility.
- The department will review your application even if financial certification forms are not included, however these forms will need to be submitted prior to the university issuing an official admissions offer or immigration documents.
- If an applicant is awarded a teaching assistantship,or fellowship, then this requirement is waived.
All applications must be submitted through the CollegeNET website. Please read and follow the instructions carefully.
Send any hard copy materials directly to:
The Graduate Secretary
Department of Economics
415 Snow Hall
1460 Jayhawk Blvd.
University of Kansas
Lawrence, KS 66045