Graduate Academic Advisor
Description of the Program
- The Master of Arts degree program serves both students who majored in economics as undergraduates and those students with little previous background in economics.
The program provides maximum flexibility for students to pursue their own special interests.
- The typical incoming class is small, generally six to ten students, the overall size of the M.A. program is approximately 25 students.
- Students must pass (C grade or higher) a minimum of 30 credit hours of graduate coursework while maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
Coursework is comprised as follows:
- 9 credit hours of required core classes, ECON 700ECON 701 ECON 715
- 21 credit hours of electives,
- at least 18 credit hours (including the required core classes) must be in economics.
- up to 12 credit hours can be taken in related areas, such as business administration, computer science, political science, or mathematics.
Classes taken outside of the Economics Dept will need to be approved by the MA advisor.
- All candidates for the M.A. must demonstrate proficiency in the application of economic theory through a written examination taken during the last semester of enrollment.